SUMMER CAMP VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Camp Teen Volunteer program is designed to give qualified applicants, ages 14 –17, hands-on learning experiences and job skills. Volunteers work under the supervision of the Camp Coordinator and Director. The volunteer’s role is to enhance our Camp experience for our campers. Volunteers will work in conjunction with our Camp staff to enhance the experience for Campers. These volunteers will assist with daily camp activities including games, crafts, lessons, and field trips.
DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES:
1. Volunteer will assist with Camp activities, including crafts, games, tours and lessons.
2. Volunteer will assist with supervising campers on field trips.
3. Volunteer will comply with safety and security directives, policies and procedures.
4. Volunteers may be asked to perform other Camp duties as assigned.
5. Volunteer will be asked to commit to 3 weeks of camp, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Weeks do need to be consecutive. Volunteer must also be able to attend training on the week of June 6, 2022.
6. Volunteer will notify the Camp Coordinator of any change in schedule with at least 24 hours’ notice.
7. Volunteer will arrive at the scheduled time, follow schedule as given and leave as scheduled. Any changes to the schedule must be cleared with the Camp Coordinator.
1. Volunteer must be energetic and enthusiastic about working with children, demonstrate maturity and professionalism.
2. Volunteer should be comfortable interacting with campers and parents.
3. Volunteer should be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions, walk in a variety of terrains, and able to stand for at least 4 hours.
Benefits of Volunteering At Camp Embark:
Camp Embark believes in empowering our volunteers to make their experience valuable. We ensure our volunteer gain skills and qualities that will serve them later in life. Volunteers will obtain training in one or these areas:
1. CPR/First Aid
4. Leadership Training
5. Certificate of Completion in Basic Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
6. Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy